Friday, September 13, 2013

World's Greatest Dad Starring Robin Williams: myWeekend Movie Review

World's Greatest Dad Starring Robin Williams: myWeekEnd Movie Review

This is a RePost from my FB Notes dated November 7, 2010. I think this is the right place where it belongs.

The World's Greatest Dad is a 2009 black comedy film starring Robin Williams (Jumanji), Daryl Sabara (Spy Kids), and Alexie Gilmore (The Devil Wears Prada). It was written & directed by Bobcat Goldthwait.
World's Greatest Dad Poster Image
Image courtesy of www.vh1.com

Overall- I rate the film 4 Stars out of 5. It was well-written, unique, and having a good performance expected from one of myPersonal Fave comedic actor- Robin Williams. It does gave me a few laughs, a few scenarios- of which I can truly relate in my real life back during my teen years. And a few unexpected twists, and a nice I-feel-good ending.

But I think the most notable thing that I saw from this movie is the act called Erotic asphyxiation. It is the intentional restriction of oxygen to the brain for a maximum sexual arousal. It is a kind of sexual disorder because it has the potential for death or may cause serious injury if not properly administered. A sort of BDSM, I suppose but only on its extreme sense.

According to author George Shuman, the effect as such "When the brain is deprived of oxygen, it induces a lucid, semi-hallucinogenic state called hypoxia. Combined with orgasm, the rush is said to be no less powerful than cocaine, and highly addictive". Please refer to this Wikipedia link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoerotic_asphyxiation

Heck, I never knew that a weird practice exists until I finished watching this movie.

Watch its official trailer here from YouTube


P.S. By the way I also learned here the acronym TILF or in other words- Teacher I Liked to F*ck.

No comments:

Disqus for b. rahi koh Tries Blogging